Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney.


Music has played a huge part in my life and I've spent most of my life thus far working in the industry.

Discovering Whitney Houston is my first musical memory. I was four years old when her second record, Whitney, was released and I had a book about her. It must have been released with the record; I just remember it having lots of pictures of this incredible woman who I just adored. I have an extraordinarily clear memory of clutching my Whitney book in the kitchen of my aunt and uncle's house.

I loved 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' as much as a small person self-named Ownself who liked wearing purple eyeshadow possibly can.

That love for Ms. Houston never waned, I still re-watch The Bodyguard and sing along to 'I Have Nothing' when nobody is watching or listening.

She will be missed, miss Whitney.

No comments:

Post a Comment