Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday on my mind.


Usually I'm pretty chilled about individual days of the week, probably because I work for myself.  I used to have a problem with Mondays but not so much anymore, we've come to co-exist without incident. 

But today, dear Friday has arrived and it's the winter solstice.  And, for some reason, I'm particularly excited about this one.  

It's winter and I dearly love the rain so this season always makes me a bit nutty (in a good way).  But in Melbourne the sun seems to be peeping through the clouds today...golly golly! 

And it's my darling friend Floozie's birthday party this evening.  Who doesn't like a party?  This kid sure loves a party, I wish I could wear mixed stripes and rollerskates to the party.  Actually...

I think I might do some gardening and tend to my worm farm over the next couple of days.  I'm also going to try and sleep in, swim some laps, read the new Kinfolk mag.  I might watch a vintage movie and rearrange my collection of ceramics on the top of my piano.  Winter has also inspired me to dress like a loon so some at-home fashion parades will be just the ticket.  And soup, there shall be soup!

I'm going to have a brilliant weekend.  You try to as well, ok?

A few recent loves...

Leunig muses about happiness on ABC Radio National.
The incomparable Joni Mitchell chatted with CBC Canada
I remembered this beautiful track by cuties The Honey Trees this morning, it's so darn lovely. 

1 comment:

  1. Dress like a loon - yes yes yes! That sounds like the most divine way to spend a weekend. I, myself, shall be journeying to Byron Bay, where I plan to walk on the beach, do some yoga and watch my hapless husband fall off a rented surfboard. Lots of love, JM xxx

    ReplyDelete